Exam time can be the most stressful time of year for students. And since these tests can make or break your grade, it’s important to be prepared.
Here are some tips to help you be successful on your big tests:
1. Get enough sleep the night before– One of the most highly repeated, yet highly ignored tips. This doesn’t mean you have to go to bed before the sun goes down. It just means it’s a good idea to go to sleep at a reasonable time. If you usually go to bed at 12, try going to bed at 11. Just one more hour of sleep can make a difference in your clarity of mind when you sit down to take your tests.
2. Pay attention to in-class reviews– Lots of your teachers will go over materials you will see on their test, occasionally even specific questions. If your teacher says “You might see this again,” then take notes!!!
3. Start studying now– Studying even just 5 minutes every night can help you to avoid having to pull an all-nighter the night before. Don’t try to cram it all in your head an hour before your test, you might forget something super important. Don’t risk it. It won’t kill you to study a little. (You can even watch Netflix while you do it.)
4. Try not to stress too much– Although final exams are important, they are not worth sacrificing your mental health. Try not to worry too much. It may be overwhelming, but you can do it!
5. Have confidence– If you are already doing well in a class, chances are you will do well on your exam. And if you haven’t done too well, remember that you have the ability to raise your average with a good exam grade. Have faith in your abilities, you may surprise yourself!
Good luck to everyone taking finals next week! Remember to do your best and you will be fine!
By: Abbi Hallman