Sara Woodley’s interview with Greg Patterson, new teacher WHS
Mr. Patterson: Hayden High School, Bevill State – Sumiton, Concordia University –
Irvine,CA, Athens State
2. Sara: Where did you teach before you came to WHS?
Mr. Patterson: Sumiton Christian and Minor
3. Sara: How do you like WHS?
Mr. Patterson: I really enjoy it here.
4. Sara: What do you teach?
Mr. Patterson: Alternative school
5. Sara: How do you spend your time out of school? What are your interests?
Mr. Patterson: I coach football and soccer which takes quite a bit of my time. The
only hobby I have is bass fishing.
6. Sara: Why did you decide to become a teacher?
Mr. Patterson: I was influenced by my high school football coach and I wanted to be
able to impact others like he did with me.
7. Sara: What is your favorite thing about teaching?
Mr. Patterson: The relationships that I have been able to develop with co-workers and
8. Sara: Do you have any advice you would like to give to the students of WHS?
Mr. Patterson: Without clearly identifying your goals and establishing a way to
measure your progress few people ever reach the goals they only think about. You
must work every day to accomplish.
9. Sara: Tell us about your family.
Mr. Patterson: I’ve been married to my wife, Belinda for 30 years. We have 3 sons
and 1 daughter: Andrew, Matthew, Aaron, and Autumn. We have 2 granddaughters:
Allie and Callie.
10. Sara: Roll Tide or War Eagle?
Mr. Patterson: War Eagle