Many students at Walker High School hold jobs outside of school hours while maintaining good grades, having a social life, and participating in clubs and sports. For this article we interviewed Samantha Wilson who works as a waitress at Johnny Brusco’s.
1. Do you enjoy your job?
– Yes, if I am having a bad day at school I can go to work and talk to my fellow employees.
2. How do you manage your time between school and work?
– Sometimes it is hard to manage both especially if I have a test, but it has helped me learn time management.
3. What’s the hardest part about your job?
-It is hard to keep up with all of my tables when the restaurant is busy.
4. What kind of skills have you acquired from this job?
– I’ve learned how to multi task and learned better customer service skills.
5. How long do you plan on keeping your job?
– Either until I graduate or until the end of the summer.
By: Brandi Mcneely