This week we chose Mrs. Beth Kennedy to be the feature teacher. She teaches 9th grade honors and 12th grade AP Biology here at WHS. She is a dedicated and passionate teacher and loves to see her students succeed. Here are a few things we found out about her:
- 15 years.
“What sparked your interest about teaching?”
- I want kids to love science and apply it to their lives.
“What do you like most about biology?”
- Molecular biology and forestry.
“Why did you decide to get a pet turtle? Who did you name it after?”
- I got the turtle because my son and students wanted a class pet. We named it after Francis Clark, the person who discovered the double-helix shape of DNA.
“What is your favorite hobby?”
- Reading the Campbell Biology textbook.
“Favorite sport to watch at Walker?”
- I like to watch all the sports and the half-time shows.
“Who is your favorite scientist and why?”
- William Bartram, a naturalist who travelled the southeast doing taxonomy.
“If you could go back into any decade, which would it be and why?”
- I would love to go back to the 1860s to watch Gregor Mendel count his peas.
“How do you feel about the new electronics policy?”
- I love it! It puts more knowledge at our fingertips.
By Nic Woodley and Bradford Lepik